High Temperature Solutions - Foundry
The world leader in mineral-based specialty solutions for industry, Imerys transforms a unique range of minerals to deliver essential functions (heat resistance, mechanical strength, conductivity, coverage, barrier effect, etc.) that are essential to its customers' products and manufacturing processes.
Imerys metalcasting solutions division offers industrial solutions for green sand foundries with bentonite, carbon, and proprietary performance based additives. In the core room, Imerys supplies application proven core sand additives that positively influence both the core and the Bentonite bonded molding sand. Our products, manufactured and prepared for a multiplicity of highly demanding applications, ensure smooth production processes and optimize specific cast end-product properties. We deliver high value-added, functional solutions to a great number of industries, ranging from process manufacturing to consumer goods.
The Group draws on its understanding of applications, technological knowledge and expertise in materials science to deliver metalcasting solutions by beneficiating its mineral resources, synthetic minerals and formulations. Imerys contributes essential properties to customers’ products and their performance, including heat resistance, hardness, conductivity, opacity, durability, purity, lightness, filtration, adsorption and water repellency.
Imerys' solutions contribute to the performance of a large number of applications and address four types of use:
- functional additives – these are added to the mineral formulation of customers’ products but constitute a minor part of the finished product properties;
- mineral components – these are an essential constituent in the formulation of the customer’s product;
- process enablers – these are used in customers’ manufacturing processes but are not present in the end product;
- finished products – these are used as such, with no subsequent processing by the customer.
The Group is organized around 2 segments, grouping 5 business areas built around our core markets.
- The Performance Minerals segment brings together three geographic business areas: Europe Middle East Africa (EMEA), Americas and Asia Pacific (APAC) serving plastics, paints & coatings, filtration, ceramics, renewable energy and paper & board markets;
- The High Temperature Solutions - Foundry segment regroups two business areas: High Temperature Solutions, and Refractory Abrasives & Construction serving refractory, foundry, metal flow, abrasives and building chemistry markets